maandag 11 januari 2016

Asian stuffed salmon & soy omelet


I get real creative when i'm hungry, these kind of recipes are the result! I have played around more often with omelets and asian flavours, but this omelet... so simple to make with only a few ingredients and SO good. 

I always try to make sure to add as much veggies to my lunch and dinners as possible, this means that I always stuff my omelets with loaaads of vegg. As you can see on the photo, my omelet did not handle this well and broke. If you follow my instructions carefully this won't happen to you :) !

If you have trouble getting your hands on edamame beans you can use a double amount of peas or other greens such as normal green beans/broad beans for example.  

Adding soy sauce to the egg is my latest discovery. It makes the omelet suuuuper flavourful and it adds a beautiful brown colour to the egg. Be careful with adding salt though since the omelet is already quite flavoured and salty from the soy sauce.

Enjoy!


Serves: 1 

Time: 

Prep. time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:
  • 2 good quality eggs (free range and organic if possible)
  • 60 gr frozen peas
  • 60 gr frozen edamame beans* (soy beans)
  • 1 teaspoon soy sauce
  • pinch of horseradish (optional)
  • 1/2 avocado, in slices
  • 2 slices smoked salmon
  • 1 spring onion, chopped
  • 1/4 red chili, chopped (or to taste)
  • seasalt & black pepper (to taste)
  • 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil 
*you can use fresh peas and edamame beans as well (skip step 1 & 3), I get my frozen and peeled edamame beans at my local Chinese supermarket. 

Method:
  1. Put a kettle on with water and bring to a boil (approx. 1/2 l)
  2. Put your beans and beans in a bowl together
  3. Pour the boiling water over your greens and cover the bowl (e.g. with a plate or a cloth) and let them stand untill they have 'cooked' properly
  4. When your beans are all dente (just try one), get rid of the water and rinse your greens with cold water, set aside
  5. In another bowl, whisk up your eggs together with the soy sauce and horseradish
  6. Put a frying pan on a low to medium heat and let it heat up for about a minute
  7. Melt the coconut oil, spread it out over the surface of the pan and add your egg mixture
  8. For the first 10 seconds alternate between tilting your pan around and using a spatula to move around the egg, creating waves
  9. When the egg has set around the edges but is still 'wet' in the middle: turn of the heat and let your omelet glide on a plate
  10. Pour the edamame beans, peas and spring onion on one half of the omelet, add the slices of salmon and avocado
  11. Season to perfection with seasalt and pepper and sprinkle over the chili if you like it spicy!

And? Have I persuaded you into making this beauty for lunch? Tag me on Instagram, I'd love to see!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten