- 30 gr oats
- 250 ml rice-coconut milk
- lime zest of about 1/2 lime
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 tsp organic (!) matcha powder*
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- small pinch of cinnamon
*It is quite important that you use good quality organic matcha powder since cheap varieties usually contain high percentages of pesticides
- small hand toasted coconut flakes
- 20 gr toasted / pecans / cashews
- coconut yogurt
- 2 tsp cacao nibs
- In a pan, add together oats, milk, chopped banana and matcha powder.**
- Bring to a light boil, let it simmer for about 5 minutes until thick and creamy. It is important to add the banana from the start so that it becomes soft (and the flavour becomes better too!).
- Flavour the porridge with cinnamon, lime zest and vanilla (all to taste).
- Stir it through so that the banana is incorporated with the oats completely.
- Top with coconut yogurt (or low fat Greek yogurt), toasted nuts, mint, coconut and optional other fruit.